This is not really about me.
I would like to tell you something about the course of my life so that you might discover some arguments why I could be the right coach for you and your topic.
Born in 1975, I grew up in Amberg in the Upper Palatinate in eastern Bavaria, where I also completed my school days until I graduated from high school in 1994.
Even in my youth I was always interested in the questions of why and where from. Why does this universe exist? Where do we come from? When I was 14 or 15, I looked curiously at the night sky, which fascinated me so much and stimulated my imagination. Many long discussions with one of my best friends revolved around exactly this topic.
At that time I also began to read a lot about astronomy, because through this - I was thinking at the time - I would find answers. I also imagined it would be very exciting to sit as an astronomer in an observation dome, to look at the sky and to investigate questions about our existence. Eventually I made the decision to become an astronomer and for that I had to study physics.
The path towards this goal began in 1995 and I began studying physics at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. During my main studies I completed my first astronomy internship at the Bamberg observatory, where I began my thesis on pulsating stars in 2000, always driven by my search for meaning. The big moment for me happened in 2001 when I successfully completed my physics diploma and received an award for my thesis.
The plan to do a doctorate on pulsating stars and to continue my previous work was thwarted by an unapproved project funding, so I switched to the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg. It was there in 2006 that I finished my doctoral thesis on the search for distant galaxy clusters. I was finally where I had wanted to be for so long.
However, over the years I began to have subtle doubts about my professional path as an astronomer. Is there more than material science? What is happening inside of me? What other findings are there about our universe? Gradually, I became increasingly dissatisfied and unhappy with the path I had chosen. And I developed new interests. Suddenly, I found it interesting to deal with psychology and the processing of shadow parts. Philosophy and alternative fields of knowledge also attracted my interest and so I increasingly followed the path of the seeker.
Family constellations helped me to resolve some of my behavioral patterns and to learn about an alternative therapy method. In the years 2006 and 2007 I went through a depressive phase, whereby a therapy helped me to get through this phase of chaos having more strength in the end. It was also the time when I came into contact with the integral philosophy of Ken Wilber and I was immediately enthusiastic about it due to the fact that so many of my questions were answered. I devoured many of his books, as well as anything I found attractive and helpful in terms of self-development, psychology, and philosophy.
In 2008, I finished my career as an astronomer, after which I made some job changes at different locations. I worked as a technical consultant in the automotive industry and as a project manager for a sensor development project. Finally, I came to work as a project coordinator for an engineering service provider in the automotive industry.
At the same time, I have been pursuing my further development as a personality and in the “other” areas of knowledge after my career as an (astro) physicist for over 10 years. In 2012, I heard about the coaching certification of Integral Coaching Canada for the first time and found it very attractive. However, at the time I couldn't imagine raising the costs and frequent trips to Canada. Nevertheless, this offer stayed in my mind.
It wasn't until 2016 that I experienced some remarkable events that ultimately led me to begin certification as an Integral CoachTM. A central trigger was the separation from my partner at the time. I was sad and angry that it was coming to an end. While riding a bike, I suddenly wondered, with tears of disappointment and anger in my eyes, what I could do with this strong emotional energy. Couldn't I somehow transform that into something positive and constructive? Then the coaching training came back to my mind. When I got back to my apartment, I checked the link to the web site of Integral Coaching Canada and found that the structure of the training had changed and, most importantly, I was now ready to embark on this adventure of change and development. At that moment I made the decision and was full of energy, I had somehow transformed my grief and anger. I was so enthusiastic about this decision that I completed the training in the shortest possible time and in addition to my work as an employee at the end of 2018.
Since then, I am following the inner call to offer my services as an Integral Master CoachTM for everyone who wants to develop further or to develop new professional and personal skills. In order to give this offer more depth and breadth, I have completed an additional qualification as a certified STAGES scorer and debriefer between December 2018 and September 2020. STAGES is a system (founded by Terri O'Fallon, PhD.) for assessing the human ego / perspective taking development and is a very helpful assessment tool that can be booked either on its own or in combination with coaching (see separate sections on this website).
As you can see from my brief biography, I myself have had some personal changes, upheavals and the acquisition of new skills. At the same time, I am enthusiastic about personality / adult development and the direct exchange with people about the deep questions in life and about the issues they want to solve for themselves.
I hope I have given you some clues about my development so far and why I could be a suitable coach for your development path. If this has piqued your interest, I would be happy to get in touch and, of course, have a first meeting free of charge.
These are my professional mile stones:
- Diploma studies in Physics (1995-2001, University Erlangen-Nuremberg)
- PhD in Astrophysics (2003-2006, Max-Planck-Institute for Astronomie, Heidelberg)
- Postdoc in Astrophysics (2006-2008, University Cologne)
- Technical Consultant (2008-2009, syspilot Industrie Consulting GmbH, Böblingen)
- Project leader sensor development (2010-2011, Sensorik Bayern GmbH, Regensburg)
- Technical Consultant (2011-2013, syspilot Industrie Consulting GmbH, Böblingen)
- Project coordinator (2014-today, Bertrandt Ingenieurbüro GmbH, Munich)
Moreover, I have completed the following additional qualifications:
- Certification as Integral Master CoachTM (2016-2018, 3 modules, 18 months study time, coaching of 6 voluntary clients)
- Certification as STAGES Scorer (2019-2020, 20 months STAGES: theory and assessment method for human development by Terri O`Fallon)
- Certification as STAGES Debriefer (2020, 6 months STAGES: theory and assessment method for human development by Terri O`Fallon)
- Integral STAGES: development, awareness, shadow (2016, 4 days, STAGES: theory and assessment method for human development by Terri O`Fallon)
- Advanced STAGES for coaches, therapists and consultants (2017, 3 days, STAGES: theory and assessment method for human development by Terri O`Fallon)
- Spiral Dynamics integral (2010, 3 days, certification course level 1)
In general, the integral coaching method allows to coach in any topic area of interest. In addition to that, the following focus areas might
be of interest for you:
- Leaders - development of soft skills and leadership capacities
- Reorientation - support for scientists
- Burnout - accompaniment after therapy
- Highly sensitive personalities (HSP) - How do I deal with it?
- Exploration of the personal life purpose
Grundsätzlich ermöglicht die Integral-Coaching-Methodik ein Coaching in allen Themenbereichen. Darüber könnten folgende Fokusgebiete für Sie interessant sein:
- Führungskräfte - Entwicklung von Soft Skills und Führungsfähigkeiten
- Neu-Orientierung - Unterstützung für Wissenschaftler
- Burnout - Begleitung nach Therapie
- Hochsensible Persönlichkeiten (HSP) - Wie gehe ich damit um?
- Finden des persönlichen Lebens-Purpose
Dr. Siegfried Falter
Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Straße 23, 85540 Haar, Germany
T.: +49 170 2479407 // E.: email@example.com